Friday, January 10, 2014

It's the small things...

So today is going to be a long day. Between two jobs I'm looking at not getting home until 9 pm. I was grumbling about it this morning until I realized that moaning about a long day isn't going to help the situation. Instead of complaining I'm better off trying to focus on the good things that today will bring.


Here's a list of some things that tend to brighten my day:
  1. Coffee drinks- delicious and energizing!
  2. Chocolate- the darker the better
  3. A warm car- it gets really cold around here!
  4. Naps- nothing better than crawling under the covers for an hour or two to recharge
  5. Hot water in the shower- talk about a relaxer
  6. Scarves- seriously guys, I think I have over 20 and I try to wear a different one daily
  7. Books- I could read for hours upon hours and never tire
  8. Finding new blogs to read- I love "meeting" all these real women on these blogs and getting a window into their lives, it's amazing and a bit humbling :)
  9. Good morning texts- Every morning I get a good morning text from the love of my life and it never fails to make me smile
  10. Waking up next to my puppy- He gives me the cutest little sleepy face every morning and we cuddle for at least fifteen minutes before I'll get out of bed. I could write an entire book about how wonderful my little pup is.

Like I said, simple things. Life doesn't have to be this great cosmic mystery. We are here to build ourselves a life and do with it what we will. The hope is that we'll do some good with the time given to us.

I'm off to a tour hosted by one of our youth departments, but everyone have a fantastic day!



Cheers!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment