Friday, January 17, 2014

Being grateful

Gratefulness 

This is a trait that should be valued, but often is forgotten about. Think about your day so far. Think about the conversations you've had with friends/co-workers/family/ etc. How many of those conversations involved at least one complaint about something? I bet you that at least once today you've complained about some aspect of your life. I do it all the time and I wish I didn't. In fact starting with this post I'm going to actively work on complaining less. 

How often do we find ourselves beginning sentences with " I hate" or "I wish --- was different" or "--- sucks"?

Why talk like this? Why set yourself up for a negative thought? In all honesty would you rather focus on the good things in life or the bad? If you answered "the bad" I honestly have nothing more to say to you. Enjoy being unhappy, but keep that negativity out of my life.

My last post alone should be evidence that I don't spend enough time simply enjoying life. Everyone look at the big fantastic world outside your window. What if you'll never be a millionaire? What if you'll never have that dream job you want? What if that guy you're dating right now breaks up with you a few months down the road? Stop worrying about it. Stop worrying life won't work out exactly how you had it planned. Stop focusing on what you don't have and instead focus on what you do have. You have to start with the foundation and work your way up. 

Give it a shot people. Stop at your desks and quietly reflect on what you do have. Be thankful you are fortunate to have something when so many have nothing. That F on that paper or that annoying co-worker that said something rude, is not going to matter down the road.



Cheers,

Ash


No comments:

Post a Comment