Friday, January 24, 2014

A Better Future

Alright, today I'm going to tell you the truth about my life:

I really don't like my job. 
Whew. I feel better getting that off my chest.

But seriously, it's not that I'm ungrateful because I'm very thankful I at least have the job I have. In fact I'm thankful for both jobs I have. Though my dance team coaching job is more for fun, my main job is a help desk position. This means I provide computer support for my company. I only work part time because they don't have the budget to hire me on full time. Not the point of this post.

I don't like my job and it's effecting the rest of my life. Let that sink in for a few seconds. The fact that I don't feel fulfilled doing what I do has changed how I look at the rest of my life. I've settled into a routine that isn't amazing, but is comfortable. I don't shoot for anything higher because I've come to accept that I'm not meant to shine. 

Isn't that a terrible way to look at life? 
Personally I'm not okay with thinking like that anymore. Why shouldn't I be able to do something more with my life? Of course the normal worries and doubts always hit me:
- not enough money
- not enough time
- not enough experience

Hey want to hear a joke? 
Going to college thinking you'll get a good job just because you have a degree.
Hahahahahahaha. Ha.

But enough of that "finding a job sucks" talk. Guys, I'm doing it, I'm going to make my future better. I am so bloody bored with being the me that I am currently. So I'm going back to school, or I'm going to try. 

Step 1. Contact my high school- you know that building you spent four years in, but haven't set foot in since you graduated- and get my high school transcripts over to the local community college so I can start taking classes there to boost my grad school application.

Step 2. Find a part time job or volunteer opportunity to work in an area similar to what I want to go to grad school for. This is going to take some research on my part.

Step 1.5 Find a full time job that pays the bills so I can afford to do all this- I send out applications weekly, haven't heard any positive responses yet. Never give up, never surrender or something like that...

That's about all I have planned so far, but honestly that's going to take up the next year of my life. I'm going to roll with it and we'll see what happens.

If anyone has any suggestions for getting into grad school throw them my way!




ash.blogger.mn@gmail.com

Cheers!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment